All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring recent decades, it has been firmly documented that chlamydiae are com- mon and important pathogens in humans and animals. In humans, chlamydiae are kwn to cause trachoma (which is still one of the major blinding diseases in the world) and are also one of the most common etiological agents of sexually transmitted diseases and the sequelae thereof, such as infertility. In the last few years, it has also become evident that chlamydiae, i.e., the so-called TWAR agents, are common respiratory tract pathogens. Chlamydiae are also important pathogens in birds and lower mammals, in whom they cause a variety of infectious conditions, a spectrum which has in- creased every year. Some of these infections occur as zooses, e.g., psit- tacosis/ornithosis and, as recently discovered, abortion. Kw ledge of the molecular biology and immubiology of chlamydiae has expanded rapidly during recent years. Insight into the pathophysiology of chla- mydial infections has also increased, and new methods for the diagsis of chlamydial infections have been introduced. The importance of establishing control and preventive programs for chla- mydial infections has become obvious in order to combat the present chlamydial epidemic. We hope that this book can usefully serve those who want to increase their general kwledge of Chlamydia and that it can act as a handbook and reference source for those involved in chlamydial research as well as for those working with chlamydial infections in medical and veterinary clinical disciplines, includ- ing clinical laboratories.
- Author(s)J. Paavonen,M. Puolakkainen,P. A. Mardh
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight578 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.