Choices: Coping Creatively with Personal Change by Frederic Flach (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is resilience that gives us the power to be genuinely free and to decide, throughout our lives, who and what we are, what we hope to do and become, and what moral considerations will shape our choices.--Dr. Frederic Flach, M.D. Create Strength from Stress We have all had times in our lives where it all seems to fall apart, and we find the need to redefine ourselves, our goals, our ambitions, in the face of new challenges. Many view these experiences as negative; it is easy to see why, they are often painful times. Yet falling apart, as Dr. Frederic Flach argues in his classic book, Choices, is very important because it gives us the opportunity to put ourselves back together in a new and creative way. Choices address the topic of stress, but more importantly, the way in which stress provides the basis for our growth as individuals. There is doubt that at some point in our lives each of us will feel stressed, perhaps because of a specific event, or perhaps in an ongoing way simply due to our lifestyle. Adapting to this stress, seeking new ways to manage it and cope with it without merely igring it, is often the sign of a healthy individual. There is a unique kind of stress however, that makes us change, which forces us to bend and renew ourselves-or break under its pressure. It is this stress which Dr. Flach argues is vital to maturity, and is integral to growth. Whether it is the stress of finding a job after college, of middle-age, of the end of a marriage or relationship, it is the opportunity to grow, and is in fact the very cause of our growth. Choices emphasizes that it is important to deal with the stress of life, t to put it off, t to suppress it, or stifle it, because only through dealing with this stress, and adapting to it, can you truly progress. While avoiding it or running away from it can seem easier, there can be long term consequences for you or the ones you love. Choices offers insight and wisdom into how stress affects our lives, physically and psychologically, and provides useful information for finding inspiration in these stressful situations; inspiration to change, and inspiration to grow. In addition, Dr. Flach presents the strategies and solutions that he employed as a psychiatrist to help people deal with stress, in an extremely accessible and relevant way. The process of falling apart allows us the opportunity to put our lives back together, and make new, better choices. Getting through this process, however, can be extremely challenging. Choices offers guidance and insight into dealing with stress, and is a valuable addition to any collection.
- Author BiographyFREDERIC FLACH, M.D., K.C.H.S. was an internationally recognized psychiatrist and author whose highly acclaimed books include Putting the Pieces Together Again; A New Marriage, A New Life; Resilience; Rickie; The Secret Strength of Angels; and Faith, Healing and Miracles. In 1996 he was awarded the Maxine Mason award by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. He appeared on numerous radio and television programs across the country including Today, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, and Good Day New York.
- Author(s)Frederic Flach
- PublisherHatherleigh Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleLittle Book. Big Idea.
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHatherleigh Press,U.S.
- Weight260 g
- Width121 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byStanley Krippner
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.