All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis delightful book describes and illustrates the Metropolitan Museum's collection of nearly 40 illuminations from Italian choral manuscripts. Representing the work of Gothic and Renaissance masters both celebrated and anymous, these precious paintings in miniature---with their compelling narrative, brilliant color, and shining gold---bear witness to exceptional aesthetic accomplishment. The choir books they illuminate are a rich source of information about the development of chant, whose unexpected transcendent tonalities have abiding appeal today. They also serve as primary sources for the study of the lives of religious communities and of the philosophy and faith that infused medieval Europe, offering a glimpse of Italy at the dawn of the Renaissance.
- Author BiographyBarbara Drake Boehm is Curator, Department of Medieval Art and The Cloisters, The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Barbara Drake Boehm
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMetropolitan Museum of Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date29/11/2012
- Content Notecol illus
- Weight249 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.