All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this compelling volume, ten distinguished thinkers ---- William G. Lycan, Galen Strawson, Jeffrey Poland, Georges Rey, Frances Egan, Paul Horwich, Peter Ludlow, Paul Pietroski, Alison Gopnik, and Ruth Millikan ---- address a variety of conceptual issues raised in Noam Chomskya s work. * Distinguished list of critics: William G. Lycan, Galen Strawson, Jeffrey Poland, Georges Rey, Frances Egan, Paul Horwich, Peter Ludlow, Paul Pietroski, Alison Gopnik, and Ruth Millikan. * Includes Chomskya s substantial new replies and responses to each essay. * The best critical introduction to Chomskya s thought as a whole.
- Author BiographyLouise M. Antony is Professor of Philosophy and Womena s Studies at The Ohio State University. She is editor, with Charlotte Witt, of A Mind of Onea s Own: Feminist Essays on Reason and Objectivity, 2nd edn. (2002). Norbert Hornstein is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is the author of Move! A Minimalist Theory of Construal (Blackwell, 2000), Logical Form: From GB to Minimalism (Blackwell, 1995),and As Time Goes By: Tense and Universal Grammar (1994).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2003
- Series TitlePhilosophers & Their Critics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note20
- Weight682 g
- Width166 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLouise M. Antony,Norbert Hornstein
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.