All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsk an ordinary church attendee what salvation is and you will hear a great variety of answers. Most often people will say something like the following: Salvation is Jesus dying on the cross to pay the price for our sins so we won't have to go to hell. While the above statement is true, it is only a brief part of the full scope of salvation. Although the majority of this book deals with the third aspect of salvation, called sanctification, I have included some important information for all four meanings. If a person seeks to follow Jesus as closely as He wants us to, it is imperative that he or she understand the depth of the relationship, the Person we will relate to, and the reason why that relationship is vital to salvation. And we must have a solid foundation of this understanding of salvation in order for it to be effective in our lives. Parts I and II are discussions of that foundation. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life: one comes to the Father but by me (John 14:6). It is imperative for us to understand why this is fact. But, as important as understanding is, good will come of it unless we put what we learn into practice. The entire book of James clearly states that truth. Will learning the principles in this book and how to apply them make you immune to temptation? No, it will t. Will it answer all your spiritual questions? No, that is t its purpose. Then what will it do? The principles in Choose to be Chosen are to assist those who find themselves, as did the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15, 19, 24, unable to shake off behavioral patterns and mind sets that can block the Holy Spirit from working freely in our lives. These principles also constitute a maintenance program that will help us keep on the track to becoming mature in righteousness. May that be the goal of every Christian.
- Author BiographyBorn in upper New York State in 1938, Claire Smith and her siblings grew up in foster care. Although she started out to be a nurse, she soon discovered that teaching and writing were her true passions. A playwright for 25 years, she has also written articles and short stories for adults and children. Smith has a certificate of graduation from Bethany Fellowship Missionary Training School, now called Bethany Missionary College, an AS degree in science from Adirondack Community College, a BA in Secondary Education English from SUNY at Oneonta, and several post grad hours. She now makes her home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, still teaches, and, along with graphic artist Ben Patterson, owns Write On Publications.
- Author(s)L Claire Smith
- Date of Publication10/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.