All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing the right colour for your home can be fraught with difficulties, and with literally thousands of shades of paint available in DIY stores the choice can be overwhelming. With this book, Kevin McCloud has taken the hard work out of home decorating by researching, selecting and combining over 750 colours into more than 60 tried-and-tested palettes that will transform your home. Stunningly well produced and printed in six colours for astonishing accuracy, each palette provides a blueprint for a decorative scheme that you can transfer to your own home confident in the kwledge that they have been sourced by a rewned authority on colour with a brilliant visual eye. Taken from a wide variety of sources - historical, regional and cultural - each palette is made up of a collection of 3-16 colour swatches and features a photograph demonstrating how the colours can be used in period or contemporary settings. With hints and tips on how best and in what situation to use each colour, the swatches are individually matched to a commercially available paint so that you effortlessly achieve each look.
- Author BiographyKevin McCloud is one of Britain's foremost authorities on domestic architecture and design. Kevin is best known as the writer and presenter of the hugely popular Channel 4 series 'Grand Designs' and for his annual coverage of the Stirling prize for architecture. Through his columns in the Sunday Times and Grand Designs magazine he regularly champions issues such as building within the historic environment and sustainable construction. His most recent TV project, Kevin McCloud and the Big Town Plan, saw him initiate a community-led regeneration scheme in a former Yorkshire mining town. Another ambitious project is planned for 2008 as Kevin's company HAB (Happiness, Architecture, Beauty) is set to build around 150 homes within a sustainable community in Wiltshire. Kevin is currently filming a new series of Grand Designs, which will return to our screens later in 2008, but when not filming he continues to design paint ranges for Fired Earth.
- Author(s)Kevin McCloud
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2007
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 100 colour photographs & over 750 colour swatches
- Weight872 g
- Width218 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.