Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 14 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.98+ AU $4.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by books4sharing
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.99Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by auusa
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Susan Richards agrees to take on one of the abused horses just rescued by the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, a new chapter opens in her turbulent life. Caring for this astonishingly trusting creature, she begins a relationship that will change her view of the world. Susan Richards lost her mother at the age of five and was raised by uncaring relatives; married unhappily and divorced, she had also become an alcoholic. At forty-three, she found herself living with just horses for company- the diva-like Georgia, boyish Tempo and hopeless romantic, Hotshot. While Susan is vainly attempting to capture the rescued horse assigned to her, a skeletal mare called Lay Me Down walks into the horse trailer of her own volition. Susan takes her home, and this broken and badly treated animal proves to her that trust is t just for dreamers. Beautifully-written, poignant, and often sharply funny, this memoir is an inspiring must-read for anyone who has ever loved a horse, and anyone who has ever lost their way in life.
- Author BiographySusan Richards has a BA in English from the University of Colorado and a Master of Social Work degree from Adelphi University. She lives in Olivebridge, New York, with three dogs, two cats and four horses.
- Author(s)Susan Richards
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- Weight231 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- menturoi30 Oct, 2013by
It was a very well written book, based on true life experience. Brought me to tears in part. Would certainly recommend anyone to read it if u love animals.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.