Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
About this product
- DescriptionTabloids love to catch people unaware, writes the legendary film auteur Chris Marker (born 1921) in his introduction to this beautiful volume of new photographs. My aim... is exactly--small wonder--the opposite of tabloids. I try to give them their best moment, often imperceptible in the stream of time, sometimes 1/50 of a second that makes them truer to their inner selves. Passengers accordingly portrays the private reveries and absent-minded gestures that can be seen every day on the Paris Metro (and by implication any other subway): mothers cradling their children, couples whispering intimately, women wistfully staring out the window or into the middle distance, engrossed in thought. Made between 2008 and 2010, this series of 200 photographs--Marker's first in color--marvelously captures the dislocated mental spaces we occupy on the subway, and the ways in which we devise strategies for escapism, sending out invisible boundaries to endure the constant tiny encroachments of modern urban life. Marker enhances his photographs to draw out both the blotchy pixilation of the lo-fi digital techlogy used and to add painterly coloration, endowing them with otherworldly presence. A separate color poster by Marker titled A Subway Quartet is inserted beneath the printed glassine wrappers of each copy.
- PublisherBlum (Peter) Edition,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlum (Peter) Edition,U.S.
- Weight1973 g
- Width300 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byPeter Blum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.