Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI awoke with a knife at my neck and the palpable pounding of a rapist's heartbeat on my chest. So begins Christ Kitchen-a story about redemption and healing based on the experience that molds the author's life, brings her to faith, and fans a passion to help other desperate women living in poverty. Jan Martinez tells a compelling story of women living in poverty in America, demystifying the baffling complexities of poverty, and providing thoughtful solutions suited to individuals or groups. The book provides a practical, replicable example for overcoming poverty through Christ-based mentoring and employment at Christ Kitchen, a job-training ministry to low-income women. Based on the mentoring approach Jesus uses with the Samaritan woman at the well, the book exposes God's heart for the poor and equips us to share his message and our lives with women who never find their way to church. Masterfully, he shows us how to talk with society's outcasts and love them into the Kingdom. With equal mercy, the Lord shows us the way to finding our true selves through service to the least of these. Through insightful, personal stories of women from the street struggling to change their lives and women from church communities struggling to walk beside them, Christ Kitchen provides a mentored path for both to transcend barriers of class, race, and opportunity to form healing, faithful relationships.
- Author BiographyJan Martinez' passion is to bring the Word of life to a hurting, dark world-one she entered reluctantly after a violent rape. Her journey back to life led her to Christ and to becoming a psychotherapist among addicts, prostitutes, and the poor. With Master's degrees in public health and counseling, she founded a job-training project called Christ Kitchen, which attracts low-income women to work, Bible study and support with volunteers from local churches. Jan received a Doctorate in Ministry researching discipleship with the poor and is an adjunct professor at Whitworth University. She is married to Felix Martinez, a physician, and they have two beautiful children, Jake and Rose, both adopted as babies from Korea. They've served in medical missions in Kenya, Nepal and Viet Nam and go fly fishing together every chance they get.
- Author(s)Jan Martinez
- PublisherDeep River Books LLC
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep River Books LLC
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.