All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecause of illness and age the Jesuit theologian and philosopher Bernard Lonergan never completed the systematic study on Christology, the doctrine concerning the person of Christ, that he had planned to write. Christ and History, written by his former student Frederick E. Crowe, is an attempt to rectify that loss by tracing the outline of Lonergan's possible work on the subject. Moving from the Jesuit philosopher's early student work, through the fertile and productive years in which he wrote Insight and Method in Theology, to his final lectures on the topic, Crowe presents the evolution of Lonergan's thinking on Christology in the context of the radical developments contained within his other theological writings. Written in the spirit of piety towards his revered teacher, Christ and History is an important analysis of these works and the Christology that they contain.
- Author BiographyFrederick E. Crowe is a co-founder of the Lonergan Research Institute and a professor emeritus at the Toronto School of Theology, University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Frederick E. Crowe
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- Series TitleLonergan Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight440 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.