Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWho would the Saviour have to be, what would the Saviour have to do to rescue human beings from the meaning-destroying experiences of their lives? This book offers a systematic Christology that is at once biblical and philosophical. Starting with human radical vulnerability to horrors such as permanent pain, sadistic abuse or gecide, it develops what must be true about Christ if He is the horror-defeater who ultimately resolves all the problems affecting the human condition and Divine-human relations. Distinctive elements of Marilyn McCord Adams' study are her defence of the two-natures theory, of Christ as Inner Teacher and a functional partner in human flourishing, and her arguments in favour of literal bodily resurrection (Christ's and ours) and of a strong doctrine of corporeal Eucharistic presence. The book concludes that Christ is the One in Whom, t only Christian doctrine, but cosmos, church, and the human psyche hold together.
- Author BiographyMarilyn McCord Adams is Regius Professor of Divinity, University of Oxford and Canon of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford. She has published extensively in academic philosophy and theology.
- Author(s)Marilyn McCord Adams
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCurrent Issues in Theology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Series Edited byIain R. Torrance,David Ford,Professor Bryan D. Spinks,Kathryn Tanner,Revd Prof. John Webster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.