All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written against the background of Christological scholarly thought since thepublication of Kyrios Christos by Bousset. Carraway argues that the syntax of Romans 9:5 suggests Paul meant to refer to Jesus as God, and that his statement is t out of place at thebeginning of Romans 9-11.He addresses objections to this conclusion, responding to those who claim that a motheist such as Paul would t refer to Jesus as God, and to those who point out that Paul does t elsewhere identify Jesus as God. After demonstrating that there is a connection between Romans 9:5 and the remainder of Romans 9-11, the argument continues by tying Paul's motheistic statements regarding the one God of both Jews and Gentiles in Romans 3, the concept of the one Lord of all in Romans 10:5-13.The book concludes that the redeemer from Zion in 11:25-27 is Christ, and is the same as the Christ from Israel in 9:5.
- Author BiographyGeorge Carraway is Assistant Professor at Liberty University Online.
- Author(s)George Carraway
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.