All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with real-life characters, this book combines archival and newspaper sources in a highly readable narrative about humorous crimes and criminals. As it describes a wide variety of colonial crimes and their courtroom sequels, these true-life narratives contain a mixture of transient folk and locals who claim they only broke the law due to drunkenness. With particular agenda, this is an amusing look at the harsh realities of wrongdoings in an era where the punishment did t always fit the crime.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey W. Rice is a retired history professor from the University of Canterbury in New Zealand and a fellow of the Royal Historical Society of London. He is the author of several books, including All Fall Down: Christchurchs's Lost Chimneys, Black November , and Christchurch Changing: An Illustrated History .
- Author(s)Geoffrey W. Rice
- PublisherCanterbury University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleChristchurch Crimes
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationChristchurch
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintCanterbury University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.