All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristchurch Curiosities is a quirky compendium of little-kwn stories and facts about the beautiful heritage city of Christchurch. From an amazing tale about some Royalty Fishery salmon, to the story of how the prior persuaded King Henry VIII to exempt the Priory Church from the Dissolution, and the strange phemen of the river Avon 'freezing the wrong way round', it is full of accounts that will delight and entertain. Each of the chapters deals with a different and self-contained topic with much previously unpublished material. Whether looking at the plan to create a nightclub under the High Street, the renaming of the town due to a religious legend, or the invasion scare of 1539, both residents and visitors will find much to marvel at here.
- Author BiographyW. A. Hoodless's previous compilationsinclude Air Raid: A Diary and Stories from the Essex Blitz.
- Author(s)W. A. Hoodless
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight300 g
- Width170 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.