All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe city of the plains', 'the garden city', 'the cathedral city': Christchurch has traditionally been characterised by its geography, its horticulture and its Anglican heritage. But Christchurch also has a strong literary pedigree, signalled early on by Canterbury settlers like Sarah Amelia Courage, and later confirmed by the establishment of the Caxton Press and the Pegasus Press, both enlivened by the irrepressible Denis Glover, and by the vibrant theatre associated with Ngaio Marsh. For this wide-ranging anthology, Anna Rogers has selected poetry, prose and fiction that both celebrates and gently satirises the city on the Avon. Novelists James Courage and Steven Eldred-Grigg rub shoulders with columnist Joe Bennett, poet Hone Tuwhare and short fiction writers Owen Marshall and Fiona Farrell. It is a collection that citizens and visitors alike will appreciate and enjoy.
- Author BiographyAnna Rogers is a Christchurch editor and writer. From a well-known publishing family, Anna has worked with many of New Zealand's finest writers. Her previous books include Turning the Pages (written with her father Max Rogers), Write and Be Published and A Lucky Landing. Her latest title, While You're Away, tells the story of New Zealand nurses at war.
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- Series TitleOur City S.
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Weight365 g
- Width125 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAnna Rogers
- Series Edited byIan Watt
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.