All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book starts with a general introduction by Jurgen Becker, and continues with a study of the interaction of Jesus with the world around him by Christoph Burchard. Varieties of early Christianity are illuminated in an examination of the oldest Jewish-Christian community by Carsten Colpe; The Circle of Stephen and Its Mission, by Karl Loning; and Paul and His Churches, by Jurgen Becker. Starting from the gospels, John K. Riches explores The Syptic Evangelists and Their Communities. Post-Pauline Christianity and Pagan society are analyzed by Peter Lampe and Ulrich Luz. Apocalyptic Currents are reviewed by Ulrich B. Muller, and finally C. Kingsley Barrett delineates Johannine Christianity.
- Author BiographyJurgen Becker is Professor Emeritus of New Testament and Jewish Studies at Christian-Albrechts University in Kiel, Germany.
- Author(s)Jurgen Becker
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/1993
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight21 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byJurgen Becker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.