All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaniel Salomon unveils a makeover of his earlier concept--- a proposed Master of Arts Program in Christian Environmental Studies which is full, in-residency, accredited, n-secular, Christocentric, and life-affirming. With refined syllabuses and readings, a more user-friendly format and a proposal for a faith-based school of the environment, Salomon incoroperates new insights, new resources, new breakthroughs in the feild and over five years of hard-won professional experience. Showing why existing programs are insufficient and getting beyond just trying to convert Christians to environmentalism, Christian Environmental Studies helps people, once they are on board with the Christian environmental bandwagon, steady the course. Christian Environmental Studies is for anyone who wants to deepen and live-out their ecological commitments and is especially targeted towards Christian academics and administrators at seminaries, theological schools, divinity schools, and Christian colleges and universities, who want to address the environment, but are t quite sure how to do it. At heart, Christian Environmental Studies is a book about Christian environmental leadership. In an issue more urgent, Salomon continues to talk to the Christian faith community about the need to harness, systematize, and structure their newfound ecological awareness toward creating green social structures in the Body of Christ. Focusing on the sector of Christian academia, Salomon makes the case why Christians need to channel their impetus for global environmental change towards the goal of actualization and realization making ecological commitments systemic and structural to Christiantom. Salomon demonstrates why it is time w to take Christian environmentalism to the next level. It is time more than ever, especially since Christian environmentalism is more and more being adopted by theologians, pastors and even by some secular environmentalists, to get beyond angry sermons and top-down resolutions, to looking at planetary issues more thoughtfully, to empower more colloberation by the laity, to fully welcome the full diversity of the environmental and animal movements, becomming a more coherent, life-affirming ecological voice in the process. Moving the planetary agenda from Sunday worship services to Christian acedemia and involving the laity would reduce political polarization in America, increase ecological commitment and maybe even save community in America.
- Author BiographyDaniel Salomon has a Master of Arts from Andover Newton Theological School and a Graduate Certificate in Science and Religion from the Schools of the Boston Theological Institute. Salomon's undergrate is from Salisbury University (a state university of Maryland) with a BS Cum Laude in Liberal Studies with concentrations in Biology, Environmental Studies and Conflict Analysis/Dispute Resolution. Salomon also has a Naturalist Certificate from the Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies in Michigan. Salomon has also published four other books on Amazon, as well as published in The Journal of Critical Animal Studies (JCAS), The Society for Disability Studies (SDS), The Scavanger and all-creatures.org. Salomon currently has become active in a local Presbyterian Church and is working to protect a local wild area in his community called Deer Ridge. Salomon, a 32 year old Christian on the autism spectrum, remains a life-long commited environmentalist, animal activist and vedgatarian and works as an indpendent writer-artist-activist-scholar. This book was the outgrowth of his master thesis at Andover Newton Theological School and implomenting this Master of Arts Program still remains one of Salomon's life dreams. Mark Heim (foreward) was Salomon's thesis advisor and major professor and remains in Salomon's life as his mentor. You can find out more infomation about Salomon by going to his Amazon.com web page and to his web page at all-creatures.org, a Christian animal rights organization founded by Reverend Frank Hoffman.
- Author(s)Daniel Aaron Salomon
- Date of Publication19/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight835 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.