Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionChristian social ethics stands midway between the pole of theology-ethics on the one hand and the pole of social science on the other. From the former, Christian ethics derives its assumptions and rms; from the latter, it receives its empirical data. The Christian ethicist must attempt to bring these two poles together; however, the existing books on Christian social ethics often lacks the depth of social scientific analysis thus making the social ethics discussion superficial. This book attempts to fill the gap by providing in-depth social science data to enrich Christian ethical discussions. Part one discusses the general principles of Christian social ethics and in part two, various issues which are relevant to ethical discussion. Major thinkers in the field are discussed. These include Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Rauschenbusch, Bonhoeffer, Max Weber, Reinhold and Richard Niebuhr, Vatican II and the Catholic bishops. Selected major issues discussed include health ecomy, environment, income inequality and poverty, immigration, global ecomy, war and peace which includes nuclear war and terrorism, human rights, etc.
- Author(s)John Hoyoung Lee,Kenneth L Smith
- PublisherXulon Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintXulon Press
- Weight885 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.