All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeadbeater was one of the most prolific clairvoyants writing at the turn of the last century. His works have remained extant and popular in New Age circles. This new edition of Christian Gsis brings attention to one of his lesser kwn topics of exploration, esoteric Christianity. Customers who were raised Christian and have had trouble reconciling metaphysical practice with hierarchical Christian tradition will be relieved to find a version of Christianity that allows them to embrace the teachings of Jesus and still practice magic --Anna Jedrziewski, New Age Retailer Christian Gsis combines theosophical insight with esoteric ecclesiastical Christianity. It's a fascinating compendium of creative cosmology applied elegantly to the great questions of human existence. --Andrew Philip Smith, author of A Dictionary of Gsticism, The Gstic: Journal and Publisher of The Bardic Press Then shall the candidate be bound upon the wooden cross ...After the third day he shall be brought back from the dead and carried up to heaven to be on the right hand of Him from whom he came. Surprisingly, these lines are from an Egyptian initiation ritual thousands of years before the Christian drama. Linking the two is just one fascinating element in this profound introduction to esoteric Christianity, as timely today as when it was first published in 1920. Famed clairvoyant Charles Webster Leadbeater was a bishop of the Liberal Catholic Church, which preserves the sacraments while interpreting the scriptures with maximum freedom. He quotes St. Augustine himself saying that what we w call Christianity emerged at the very beginning of humanity as the one true religion. To access its transformative force, Leadbeater returns to original teachings and decodes its story symbolically as a guide for direct kwledge (Gr: gsis) of the Divine. As Christ had the Godhead behind Him, so have we the same power, although t yet unfolded as fully, he says. Nevertheless, it is only a question of development, and that development is certain. With the authority of a scientist and a mystic, he addresses such topics as the birth of Christ in the heart; God's utter love; divine grace; angelic help; the true meaning of salvation; and reincarnation and the evolution of the soul.
- Author BiographyCharles Webster Leadbeater (1847-1934) was a Church of England clergyman until he joined the Theosophical Society in 1883. He spent some years in Sri Lanka working for the revival of Buddhism, and later became the Presiding Bishop of the Liberal Catholic Church, which seeks to combine the preservation of the Catholic sacraments with the widest measure of freedom of thought and interpretation of the scriptures. He was the author of many books, some written in collaboration with Annie Besant, second President of the Theosophical Society.
- Author(s)C. W. Leadbeater
- PublisherQuest Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationWheaton, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintQuest Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date11/10/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.