All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe majority of the world's Christians w live outside Europe and North America, and global Christianity is becoming increasingly diverse. Interest in the history and theology of churches in n-Western contexts is growing rapidly as 'old world' churches face this new reality. This book focuses on how Asian Christian theologies have been shaped by the interaction of Christian communities with the societies around them and how they relate to the specific historical contexts from which they have emerged. The distinctiveness of Asian Christianity is shown to be the outcome of dealing with various historical challenges. Questions addressed include: * How does Asian Christianity relate to local socio-cultural, religious and political environments? * What is distinctive about the historical development of Asian theologies? * How have Asian theologies contributed to contemporary theological discussions within world Christianity?
- Author BiographySebastian C. H. Kim is Professor of Theology and Public Life at the Faculty of Education and Theology, York St John University. His publications include In Search of Identity: Debates on Religious Conversion in India (2003).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited bySebastian C. H. Kim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.