Christian Thought: A Historical Introduction by Chad Meister, James Stump (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Christian thought is essential to understanding Christian faith today and the last two millennia of world history. This fresh and lively introduction explores the central ideas, persons, events, and movements that gave rise to Christian thought, from early beginnings to its present forms. By highlighting the important but often neglected role of women and the influence of n-Christian ideas and movements, this book provides a broader context for understanding the history of Christian ideas and their role in shaping our world. This work chronicles the impressive developments of Christian thinking which arose from these contexts and have transcended the ages. Christian Thought: * provides an overview of the context of Christianity's origin, including discussion of the influence of Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans in the ancient world and the founding figures of Jesus and Paul * explores the major events and figures of the history of Christian thought, while drawing attention to significant voices which have often been suppressed * analyses the impact on Christian thought of widely discussed events such as The Great Schism, the Scientific Revolution, and Modernism * surveys contemporary trends such as fundamentalism, feminism, and postmodernism. Complete with illustrations, timelines and maps, this is an ideal resource for anyone wanting to learn more about the development of Christian thought and its influence over the centuries.
- Author BiographyChad Meister is Professor in the School of Religion and Philosophy at Bethel College in Indiana. His previous publications include Introducing Philosophy of Religion (Routledge, 2009) and The Cambridge Companion to Christian Philosophical Theology (Cambridge University Press, 2010). J. B. Stump is also Professor in the School of Religion and Philosophy at Bethel College in Indiana. His research is in the history of ideas and in the field of science and religion. He is co-editor of the forthcoming Blackwell Companion to Science and Christianity.
- Author(s)Chad Meister,James Stump
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date04/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.