All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for all icoclasts, Jewish and Christian, who are willing to challenge the traditions of men that have superseded the Word of God. It combines history, theology and polemics into one comprehensive volume. On one level or ather, most Jews and Christians believe that Yeshua ha Yehudi (Jesus the Jew) came to start a new religion. Christians are taught that the Torah (Law) of Moses is obsolete, and Christianity is a completely new and better covenant. Some Jews believe that Yeshua was in the Jewish tradition, but his message was completely changed by Sha'ul ha Tarsi (apostle Paul) and later Gentile adherents who denied the Torah and set up a new Hellenized Gstic replacement religion. Who is correct? Living in a time that is 2,000 years removed from the culture of first century Judea has resulted in a distorted concept of the faith and teachings of Yeshua and his disciples. How did both modern Judaism and Christianity, two very different religions, emerge from the same Hebrew Scriptures and first century Jewish environment? How can one be Jewish and kw thing of the most famous Jew that ever lived? On the other hand, how can one possibly claim a Bible-based Christian heritage and yet deny its relevant doctrinal and historical foundations? Many of the Jewish viewpoints discussed in the book may be new to both the Christian and Jewish reader and will challenge long held doctrinal beliefs and religious dogma. By approaching this age-old conflict from both the Hebrew roots and historical Church viewpoints, the authors hope to help tear down the middle wall of partition that has been erected over the past 2,000 years. The authors have a deep background in the Jewish Roots of Christianity. Their book discusses questions such as: Who is Israel? Did the New covenant replace the Old covenant? Who is the Household of God? Did Yeshua fulfill messianic prophecy? How and why did the Christian Sabbath get changed to Sunday? Other subjects include, prophecy revealed in the Feasts of the LORD and the Sabbath, the Jewishness of Yeshua and the meaning of his words within the context in which the Jews of his day would have understood him, and the historical and doctrinal roots of modern Rabbinical Judaism. They discuss the original Jewish Sect of the Nazarenes, what they believed and why. They trace its beginning, growth, and eventual disappearance. Early Gentile church history and the development of Christianity via the Roman Church, the origin of her doctrines and dogma are also examined. They also delve into the doctrines of Yeshua and Sha'ul (Paul) as they relate to the Torah (Law) of Moses.
- Author BiographyBob and Remy Koch are both college graduates and successful entrepreneurs. They have studied the Hebrew Scriptures and the B'rit Chadasha for over 30 years. In the 1990s, they were heavily involved in the Messianic Jewish movement. This book was originally self-published in 1999 and sold out the first printing of about 5,000 paperback copies in less than a year. Sales were only by word-of-mouth and before the major development of the Internet and eBooks. Bob and Remy were approached about publishing the book several times since its original publication. However, they believed the book needed some revision and re-editing first. Finally, a close friend motivated them to do these revisions and the result is the publishing of this 2014 edition. Bob and Remy hope you enjoy it.
- Author(s)Remy Koch,Robert Koch
- Date of Publication16/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.