All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over 150 years, crackers have been a traditional part of of Christmas festivities, but who created this wonderful invation? Little is kwn about Tom Smith - the accepted inventor of the cracker - but in this book Peter Kimpton, former Marketing Services Manager at Tom Smith & Co., draws on a wealth of archive material to relate the story of the man and his amazing invention. From his humble beginnings as a confectioner, Tom Smith developed a highly successful company through the manufacture of crackers. This history is illustrated by contemporary trade catalogues and company artwork from the author's own 'Kathleen Kimpton Collection'. Today, the Tom Smith brand is still the official supplier of Christmas crackers to the Royal Household, a tradition held since the beginning of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyPeter Kimpton is the world's leading Christmas Cracker historian. He worked in the cracker industry for a number of years as Marketing Services Manager for Tom Smith & Co. As such, he contributed to the company's development of both modern and traditional interpretations of the cracker and he is extremely well qualified to write this book on the subject.
- Author(s)Peter Kimpton
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note84 Colour, 72 B&W
- Weight680 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.