All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its incredible range of best-loved, essential classics. There is probably a smell of roasted chestnuts and other good comfortable things all the time, for we are telling Winter Stories...This heart-warming collection of festive short stories and vellas perfectly captures the spirit of Christmas. Focused on the journeys taken through life and the inherent goodness of mankind, these tales explore the true meaning of Christmas and revel in the joyful season of goodwill. Imbued with a moral message, Dickens's writing gives a voice to the plight of working-class families during a period of social and political change in Victorian England. With such tales as 'The Chimes', 'The Cricket on the Hearth' and 'What Christmas Is, As We Grow Older', this is a beautiful collection for Dickens fans, and a wonderful companion for all those who cherish 'A Christmas Carol'.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens was born in 1812 and grew up in poverty. This experience influenced 'Oliver Twist', the second of his fourteen major novels, which first appeared in 1837. When he died in 1870, he was buried in Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey as an indication of his huge popularity as a novelist, which endures to this day.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight160 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.