All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnter the world of Elsie Dinsmore! These nineteenth-century fictional chronicles of a beautiful young heiress in the Civil War South have captivated generations of 10- to 14-year-old readers eager to follow Elsie's life from childhood to motherhood and beyond. You'll find Christian values, tender romance, family fun, and lasting lessons--refreshed for a new generation! These later books in the series include visits to historic sites in Boston, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and New York, and feature custom illustrations.Christmas with Grandma Elsie, Book 14 Sleigh rides, ice skating, and rousing swball fights abound when Grandma Elsie hosts the holidays! Cousin Ronald Lilburn visits and is a welcome source of fun.
- Author BiographyMartha Finley (1828-1909), the daughter of a Presbyterian minister, was a school teacher and author of numerous articles, essays, and books, the most well-known being the 28 volumes of her Elsie Dinsmore series. Turning to writing stories for young people as a means of supporting herself after a serious injury, Finley sold more books than any other children's author of her day, with the exception of Louisa May Alcott.
- Author(s)Martha Finley
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleElsie Dinsmore
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 14
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.