All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book offers to the reader a deep and ample kwledge about the theological tradition of the Oriental Orthodox Churches in general and of the Armenian Apostolic Church in particular. Since this small family of Orthodox Churches is t very kwn to the public, the book provides exact, reliable and scholarly first-hand theological information which is of immense value and importance. The Family of the Oriental Orthodox Churches ackwledges only the first three Ecumenical Councils, those of Nicaea (325), Constantiple (381) and Ephesus (431), and thus maintains the pure theology of the early Church without addition or changes. The book contains theological studies which without exception were read at international Conferences or symposia and consequently and naturally are written in a spirit of tolerance and reconciliation. This ecumenical aspect is an important contribution to the rapprochement and reunion of the Churches. Tolerance and understanding of other theological positions and phrasings are remarkable throughout the book and in this sense an additional advantage in studying the theology of the Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Since 1981 Archbishop Mesrob K. Krikorian is lecturer and since 1986 honorary professor of Armenology in the Institute of Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies at the University of Vienna. He is theological consultant, honorary member and close collaborator of the Foundation PRO ORIENTE. In 1986 the author was ordained Bishop of the Armenian Apostolic Church for Central Europe and Scandinavia. In 1992 he was elevated to the rank of Archbishop.
- Author(s)Mesrob K. Krikorian
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note2, 2 fig.
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.