All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the 'still life' work of photo-conceptualist Christos Dikeakos. As a first-generation member of the Vancouver photo-conceptualist scene with Ian Wallace and Jeff Wall, Christos Dikeakos is as much an historian as a photographer. For Dikeakos, the process of looking at a subject overlaps with looking back. Reflecting a preoccupation with vanishing rural farming and orchard landscapes and the shifting ecomic terrain of British Columbia's famed Okanagan Valley, this publication features photographic images, prints and large projections as well as various objects and documents drawn from the region. The result is a multi-layered reading of place through art. The phrase Nature Morte, the French-language pictorial equivalent of Still Life, here contes the literal death of nature.
- Author BiographyClaudia Beck is founder of Vancouver's Nova Gallery, a pioneering commercial photography and art gallery.
- Author(s)Claudia Beck
- PublisherKelowna Art Gallery
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- Place of PublicationKelowna
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKelowna Art Gallery
- Content Note36 full-colour illustrations
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.