All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to the Christian theology of salvation in light of the contributions of Thomas Aquinas. In the study, Matthew Levering identifies six important aspects of soteriology, each of which corresponds to an individual chapter in the book. Levering focuses on: human history understood in light of the divine law and covenants; Jesus the Incarnate Son of God and Messiah of Israel; Jesus' cross; transformation in the image of God; the Mystical Body of Christ into which all human beings are called; and eternal life. Taking the doctrines of faith as his starting point, Levering's objective is to answer the questions of both Christians and n-Christians who desire to learn how and for what end Jesus saves humankind. Levering's work also speaks directly to contemporary systematic theologians. In contrast to widespread assumptions that Aquinas's theology of salvation is overly abstract or juridical, Levering demonstrates that Aquinas's theology of salvation flows from his reading of Scripture and deserves a central place in contemporary discussions. As a Thomistic contribution to theology, this study seeks to develop a theology of salvation in accord with contemporary canical readings of Scripture and with the teachings of the Second Vatican Council on the fulfilment and permanence of God's covenants.
- Author BiographyMatthew Levering is the Perry Family Foundation Professor of Theology at Mundelein Seminary.
- Author(s)Matthew Levering
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.