All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the role of Jesus Christ in ongoing creation on Earth. The records and artifacts left by earlier civilizations leave doubt that creation has been a continuing process and that the quality of human life is getting better, improving dramatically in recent years. While there are still pockets of conflict, poverty and illness, most humans are living longer, happier, and more productive lives. No one has seen God, but then one has seen gravity or the wind either. We can only see how they affect the world around us. In a similar manner Christians believe that we are observing the presence of God in ongoing creation. While Christian tradition emphasizes the role of Jesus Christ as redeemer, human history has shown us that he also came to teach humans how to work together and care for each other. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, his followers have become a Team dedicated to carrying on creation, improving human life, and managing our planet. Studies of continuing creation seem to provide answers to a number of lingering questions as well; questions such as: Why are human beings able to understand so much of their world? What is God doing about human suffering? Why is it important to obey certain rules as we carry out the activities of our lives? How does God answer prayer? Why is it necessary for Christians to gather together every seven days? Why is every human life so important? The pages that follow suggest some answers.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Frank is Professor Emeritus of Physics at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. Dr. Frank first became aware of his skill to sift the essentials out of complex information when he was a senior research physicist working for General Motors in the 1960s. He summarized the work in his field for a magazine called International Science and Technology. After ten years at General Motors, he became head of the physics department at Augustana where he continued to practice his skill at sifting out essential information through teaching and research. He received his undergraduate education at St. Olaf College and completed his doctoral work at Wayne State University in Detroit. Visits to European countries and the Holy Land increased his understanding of the history of Christianity. He has been an active Christian lay person and leader most of his adult life.
- Author(s)Robert C Frank
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byRobin Van Auken
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.