All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe current and future shortage of pediatric cardiologists necessitates information on the pediatric heart for primary care clinicians, as they care for the child and adolescent with cardiovascular dilemmas and disorders. In view of this shortage and the rapidly increasing kwledge in pediatric cardiology, as well as understanding indications for referral to pediatric cardiologists in the 21st century, au courant assiduous information aimed at primary care clinicians in these areas becomes increasingly important. The heart does t exist in isolation, but is involved in other aspects of the body; thus, hypertension that may involve renal pathophysiology and hyperlipidemia that involves various organ systems is also an important topic. Behavioral aspects of chronic disease, including renal disorders, should also be considered because of the importance and impact that renal (and chronic) disease has on children and adolescents. Certainly, seeking to stay current on basic principles of pediatric cardiology is important; these include fluid and electrolyte physiology, management of pediatric hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. In view of the importance of hypertension in children and adolescents concerning complications in all stages of life (i.e. renal disease, cardiovascular disease, and others), periodic ambulatory blood pressure monitoring by the primary care clinician (PCP) is an extremely important task. The current epidemic of obesity also heightens the importance of hypertension screening in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyDonald E Greydanus, MD, Dr. HC (Athens), FAAP, FSAM (Emeritus), FIAP (HON) is Professor and Founding Chair of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, as well as Pediatrics Program Director at the Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine (WMED), Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA. He is also Professor of Pediatrics and Human Development at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (East Lansing, Michigan, USA) as well as Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine in East Lansing, Michigan, USA. Received the 1995 American Academy of Pediatrics Adele D. Hofmann Award for Distinquished Contributions in Adolescent Health, the 2000 Mayo Clinic Pediatrics Honored Alumnus Award for National Contributions to the field of Pediatrics, and the 2003 William B Weil, Jr., MD Endowed Distinguished Pediatric Faculty Award from Michigan State University College of Medicine for National and international recognition as well as exemplary scholarship in pediatrics. Received the 2004 Charles R Drew School of Medicine (Los Angeles, CA) Stellar Award for contributions to pediatric resident education and awarded an honorary membership in the Indian Academy of Pediatricsan honor granted to only a few pediatricians outside of India. Was the 2007-2010 Visiting Professor of Pediatrics at Athens University, Athens, Greece and received the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Outstanding Community Faculty Award in 2008 Joav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight624 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byDonald E. Greydanus,Professor Joav Merrick
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.