All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChronic Hepatitis C Virus: Lessons from the Past, Promise for the Future documents the monumental advances that have been made in our understanding of chronic HCV during the past decade. The first section reviews the natural history of chronic HCV, how this virus can affect other organs in addition to the liver, and whether treating chronic HCV alters the natural history of this disease. Section 2 reviews the advances that have been made in the treatment of chronic HCV during the past decade with interferon based therapy. Separate chapters on response guided therapy and how to manage the adverse events associated with these medications provide the physician with the concepts required to more effectively treat chronic HCV w and in the future. As the genetics of virologic response have recently been elucidated, a chapter is devoted to helping the clinician understand how genes that modulate disease processes and their treatment are identified and utilized in clinical care. Section 3 deals with the future of HCV treatment and specific inhibitors of HCV. Specific chapters explain how targets for drugs are identified and how drugs are then developed and tested; how mutations of HCV develop and how anti-viral agents will affect this process; the most up to date data regarding the treatment of chronic HCV with peginterferon, ribavirin and anti-viral agents; and, the potential to treat chronic HCV with just oral anti-viral agents and without peginterferon and ribavirin in the future. The final section of this book covers issues related to liver transplantation in patients with chronic HCV. Separate chapters review the natural history of chronic HCV in liver transplant recipients and the impact of utilizing HCV positive dors. The volume concludes with chapters that cover the treatment of chronic HCV both prior to and after liver transplantation with potent anti-viral agents. Chronic Hepatitis C Virus: Lessons from the Past, Promise for the Future is a valuable resource for all physicians caring for patients with chronic HCV.
- Author BiographyMitchell L. Shiffman, MD Liver Institute of Virginia, Bon Secours Health System, Richmond, VA, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 33 colour illustrations, 40 black & white tables, biography
- Weight848 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMitchell L. Shiffman
- Edition Statement2012
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.38New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.05Trending at AU $29.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.