All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough acute inflammation is a healthy physiological response indicative of wound healing, chronic inflammation has been directly implicated in a wide range of degenerative human health disorders encompassing almost all present day n-communicable diseases including autoimmune diseases, obesity, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Chronic Inflammation: Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions provides an exposition of the process of chronic inflammation in three parts: *Systems Biology of Inflammation and Regulatory Mechanisms describes the process of chronic inflammation including initiation, progression, and resolution. *Pathologies Associated with Inflammation gives a rigorous and critical treatment of specific human health disorders where chronic inflammation plays a major role. *Nutrition & Therapeutics for Inflammatory Diseases details the protective abilities of structurally diverse antioxidants, phytochemicals, anti-inflammatory diets, omega-3 fatty acids, NSAIDs, disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs, and vel regimens. Designed for scientists as well as clinicians, Chronic Inflammation provides critical understanding of the key checkpoints that regulate chronic inflammation. Going beyond the epidemiology of chronic inflammation, the text covers regulatory mechanisms controlling inflammation initiation, progression, and resolution. The authors address pathologies associated with inflammation and provide various nutritional and therapeutic interventions for inflammatory diseases.
- Author BiographySashwati Roy, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Surgery and Director, Laser Capture Molecular Core in the College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus. Debasis Bagchi, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Houston, Texas. His research interests include free radicals, human diseases, carcinogenesis, pathophysiology, mechanistic aspects of cytoprotection by antioxidants, regulatory pathways in obesity, and gene expression. Siba P. Raychaudhuri, MD, is the Chief of the Rheumatology Division at the VA Medical Center in Sacramento, California, and a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology at the University of California, Davis. Dr. Raychaudhuri's major research focus is to understand the molecular mechanisms of immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, 36 black & white tables
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDebasis Bagchi,Sashwati Roy,Siba P. Raychaudhuri
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.