All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUp to 35% of adults suffer from chronic pain, and a substantial number of these patients are admitted to hospitals every year. A major concern of these patients is whether the pain will be adequately controlled during hospitalization. these patients are more likely to have poor pain control and may experience an exacerbation of their co-exisitng chronic pain condition during hospital admission. Adequate pain control is directly related to clinical outcomes, length of hospital stay, and patient satisfaction. A considerable body of evidence demonstrates the medical, social, and ecomic benefits of satisfactory inpatient pain control. Currently, there are limited pain control guidelines to address this challenging inpatient population. In fact, there are guidelines outlinign best practices for postoperative pain control in patients with chronic pain. The complex nature of chronic pain and a dearth of publications addressing the concerns of these patients make the creation of relevant guidelines difficult. The goal of this book is to equip clinicians to provide safe and effective management of hospitalized patients with co-existing chronic pain. Each chapter addresses a particular clinical question and is written by an expert in the field. Chapters describe basic principles and specific clinical situations commonly encountered during the care of patients with co-existing chronic pain in hospital settings.
- Author BiographyRichard W. Rosenquist is the Chairman of the Department of Pain Management at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Dmitri Souzdalnitski is a Staff Physician at the Center for Pain Medicine, Summa Western Reserve Hospital in Akron, Ohio. Richard D. Urman is an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight616 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDmitri Souzdalnitski,Richard D. Urman,Richard W. Rosenquist
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.