All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChronic pain affects every facet of a patient's life, and where is this more evident than in the complex arena of family life. Chronic Pain and Family: a Clinical Perspective examines typical family issues associated with prolonged illness, offering realistic ways to approach them in therapy. Informed by current practice and his own experience, ted author/clinician Ranjan Roy brings fresh insights to common pain scenarios and therapeutic impasses, and provides a framework for assessing marital and family relationships when chronic pain is a defining factor. Clinicians will get t only a clearer understanding of sensitive issues, but also effective strategies for engaging clients without turning them off. Coverage includes: - Meanings of pain in relationships - Who Does What? : exploring changes in family roles - Resistance to treatment: why it occurs and how to work through it - Health concerns and other burdens on well spouses and children - Sexuality, domestic abuse, and other silent issues - Case examples demonstrating therapy step-by-step with a range of couples and families For therapists and social workers who deal with this growing population of patients, Chronic Pain and Family: A Clinical Perspective stands at a unique intersection of pain/disability and family resources. Roy's recognition of the family's changing demographics together with his synthesis of clinical kwledge make the book suitable for graduate-level courses as well.
- Author BiographyRanjan Roy is Professor of Social Work and Clinical Health Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada. He is also a Consultant (Scientific) in the Department of Anethesia, St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg. He has authored and edited 11 books and published more than 80 scientific papers and chapters. He has been an invited lecturer on the psychological and social aspects of chronic pain. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and the Canadian Academy of Science and Humanities.
- Author(s)Ranjan Roy
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight920 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.