All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrimum n cere...The fact that a surgical procedure can leave any kind of pain casts a shadow over this tenet, which is seen as the basis of medical practice and anchor of its principle ethic...It is all the more surprising in that medicine has only paid attention to this paradoxical chronic pain situation for the past few years. Clarifying the kwledge acquired in this field has become all the more urgent for any care-giver today confronted by a legitimate request from patients: Why and how can a surgical procedure, which is supposed to bring relief, leave behind an unacceptable sequela? This is the approach which the contributors to this new subject of major clinical interest invite you to follow as you work your way through this book.
- Author BiographyDr Gerard Mick is a neurologist and a pain expert at Grenoble hospital (France) specialized in neuropatic pain and headaches. He is the founder and the president of a pain evaluation and treatment unit in Grenoble area. He is also deputy director of a national health network and author of many articles and books dedicated to daily management of chronic pain.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGerard Mick,Virginie Guastella
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.