All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover la dolce vita on this grand tour of Italy s historic capital told through 30 dramatic true stories spanning nearly 3,000 years, plus detailed walking tours complete with easy-to-read maps. From the Curia Pompei, site of Julius Caesar s assassination in 44 BC, to the Borgia Apartments in the Vatican, see the real-life places where history happened in this richly illustrated guide. Along with infamous power games between heroes and villains, you will find Rome s smart and powerful women, such as Agrippina, St. Agnes, Margherita, Artemisia, and more. Then relax like Goethe and Keats at the Cafe Greco, Rome s chicest coffee bar since 1760, or visit the Palazzo Colonna, the site of Audrey Hepburn s Roman Holiday.
- Author BiographyTamara Thiessen is an Australian author, photographer, and travel writer whose work has been featured in a variety of publications, including Conde Nast Traveller, DK Eyewitness Guide to Italy, the Globe and Mail, National Geographic Traveller, and the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Author(s)Tamara Thiessen
- PublisherMuseyon Guides
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMuseyon Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseyon Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight386 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.