Chronographiae Quae Theophanis Continuati Nomine Fertur Libri I-IV: Recensuerunt Anglice Verterunt Indicibus Instruxerunt Michael Featherstone Et Juan Signes-Codoner, Nuper Repertis Schedis Caroli de Boor Adiuvantibus by Walter de Gruyter (Hardback, 2015)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionA principal source for the second period of Icoclasm and the Amorian dynasty, the historical compilation kwn as Theophanes Continuatus was among the first works of the classicising revival in Byzantium after the Dark Age (7-8th centuries). A critical edition of the Greek text of Books I-IV, replacing that of 1838 by I. Bekker, is accompanied here by the first complete English translation.
- Author BiographyMichael Featherstone, CNRS, Paris/University of Fribourg, Switzerland. Juan Signes-Codoner, University of Valladolid, Spain.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- LanguageGreek, Ancient (to 1453)
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleCorpus Fontium Historiae Byzantinae Series Berolinensis
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Michael Featherstone,Juan Signes-Codoner
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.