All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Light therapy' is established worldwide as the treatment of choice for seasonal affective disorder. It is also successfuly used in nseasonal depression, as well as for many other psychiatric and neurologic illnesses, and in sleep medicine. 'Wake therapy' is the fastest antidepressant kwn. Imaging studies show that both methods share neurobiological substrates with antidepressants, but act much faster. 'Chrotherapeutics' - the combination of light and wake therapy - achieves rapid results and, by reducing residual symptoms, also minimises relapse. Written by three prominent clinical and research experts in biological rhythms, this manual aims to broaden kwledge and practical application of these n-pharmacologic interventions for bipolar and unipolar disorders. Clinical understanding is deepened by an explanation of the circadian timing system and sleep regulatory mechanisms which underlie the vel treatment strategy. The step-by-step guide and description of the interventions in centers throughout the world provides clear hands-on instructions, supported by a solid body of clinical research. The first edition of Chrotherapeutics for Affective Disorders has kindled a network of psychiatrists and psychologists who are actively introducing these treatments for their inpatients and outpatients. This manual is also essential reading for primary care physicians, sleep medicine specialists and health care administrators.
- Author(s)A. Wirz-Justice,F. Benedetti,M. Terman
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note33, 33 fig., 21 in color, 10 tab.
- Weight480 g
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.