All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu a revolutionary and the greatest Igbo man that ever lived. He was born into a very wealthy family but as a socialist he never cared about the family wealth. He defied his father's wish to join the family business after graduating from Oxford University opting instead to follow his heart and joined the Nigerian Army as a recruit. His education and prowess ensured his rapid rise in the army and eventual commission as an officer. Later oppointed military Goverr of eastern nigeria, he fought injustice against his people and was compelled due to the unbearable maltreatment of his Igbo people to declare a sovereign Republic of Biafra becoming its Head of State and Commander in chief of the Armed Forces. Ojukwu sacrificed his father's wealth for his people who saw him as a cult hero. A very charismatic and enigmatic man, this book is the peoples' verdict and the collection of thoughts on his dramatic life, times, views and struggles and the worldwide tributes that followed his death in November 2011. Perharps the most loved Igbo man of his time, Ojukwu commanded the kind of respect never kwn in the history of man. The funeral activities leading to his burial was marked by both pomp and wailing and was marked in over two hundred cities around the world. His final interment at his ancestral home of Nnewi in Anambra state of Nigeria was witnessed by current and former Presidents from different parts of the world.
- Author BiographyRT. Hon, Noel Agwuocha Chukwukadibia is a Legal Practitioner. He holds a Bachelor of Law (LL.B Hons.) Degree from Imo State University, Okigwe, Master of International Law and Diplomacy (MILD) Degree from the University of Lagos. Before that he had graduated in English / History Education from the University of Lagos. He was elected into the Imo State House of Assembly in 1999 where he was elected the Hon. Speaker of the House of Assembly. He was later on appointed into the Executive Arm of Imo State Government as Hon. Commissioner for Public Utilities and Rural Development. Following a Cabinet reshuffle, he also became the Hon. Commissioner for Commerce and Industries. He is an Author, and Essayist. He has many written papers and academic Articles in the field of International Humanitarian Law as well as Law of Armed Conflict. He was Deputy Governorship Candidate of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). He is happily married to Mrs. Stella Ijeoma Chukwukadibia with six children. Ike C. Ibe, is Founder and President of Ike C. Ibe Foundation. He has been a lawyer since 1988. He is a former Legislator and former Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly in Nigeria. He was the Imo State Trade Representative in United States between 2000 and 2006 and an International Affairs Analyst. He studied Law at Imo State University in Nigeria and American University in United States earning the Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Law. He was twice a Candidate for Governor in Imo State in 2007 and 2011. He is a syndicated writer and the author of the book YES WE CAN... what Obama told me. He frequently appears on several television and radio discussion programs on international and national issues. He is married to Nancy Ibe and they have 2 children. Ibe currently lives with his family in Abuja where he is engaged in Law Practice as Principal Partner of the law firm of Ibe, Ibe & Co.
- Author(s)Ike C Ibe,Noel Agwuocha Chukwukadibia
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.