All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis lively book t only unpacks the history of Christianity, but also explains how church history is created and organized. Different from traditional church history textbooks, the book: Has a global emphasis, rather than an exclusively Euro-American one; Explains the discipline of church history in addition to the content; Is readable, engaging, and inviting to new students; Makes church history accessible rather than stressing obscure dates and names. Conceptually, this book is revolutionary. The story of Christianity is never complete: it only expands. By allowing fresh players into the story, broadening our perspective to include women, the working class, heretics, and priests outside mainstream orthodoxy, we become open to new ways of understanding. And these new perspectives enhance our comprehension of the endlessly surprising story of Christianity's past.
- Author BiographyDyron B. Daughrity (PhD, University of Calgary) is Associate Professor of Religion at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. He teaches courses in comparative religion, history of Christianity, and world Christianity. He is the author of The Changing World of Christianity: The Global History of a Borderless Religion among many other works. He lectures and researches internationally, specializing in the intersection of religion and culture. His work has been featured on National Public Radio, The History Channel, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Author(s)Dyron B. Daughrity
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.