Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of the Anglican Church in Wales should be of interest to those concerned with the nature of Christianity in contemporary society. It provides a description and analysis of the territorial organization of a church and demonstrates the way in which the resulting distribution of resources serves to reinforce the traditional emphasis on maintenance rather than mission. The study also offers a review of the beliefs and activities of members of the Church, both clerical and lay, and of the limitations and restrictions which entrenched attitudes impose on the utilization of their commitments and talents. It also considers the problems which a post-modern and secular culture poses for religious belief and witness, and assesses the difficulty of effecting change within a traditional organization.
- Author BiographyChris Harris is Professor of Sociology at the University of Wales, Swansea Richard Startup is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Wales, Swansea.
- Author(s)Christopher Harris,Richard Startup
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication02/12/1999
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Out-of-print date16/08/2016
- Content Notemaps
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.