All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $23.08Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionMuch has been written by practitioners advocating the emerging church phemen, but confusion about the nature and beliefs of those who identify with the emerging church still exists. Now that the movement has aged a bit, the time has come for a more rigorous, scholarly analysis. Here four influential authors, each an expert in his field, discuss important cultural, theological, philosophical, and biblical underpinnings and implications of the emerging church movement. Their sympathetic yet critical assessment helps readers better understand the roots of the movement and the impact that it has had and is having on wider traditions. The book includes a 60-minute companion DVD that provides a background introduction to the emerging church and video clips of alternative worship services. The DVD also contains interviews with emerging church leaders and observers, including Brian McLaren and Rowan Williams.
- Author BiographyScot McKnight (PhD, University of Nottingham) is the Karl A. Olsson Professor in Religious Studies at North Park University in Chicago, Illinois, and author of A Community Called Atonement. Kevin Corcoran (PhD, Purdue University) is associate professor of philosophy at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Peter Rollins (PhD, Queen's University, Belfast) is founder and coordinator of Ikon, an emerging collective in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Jason Clark (PhD candidate, King's College, London) coordinates the Emergent UK online resource network, is founding/senior pastor of Vineyard Church Sutton in Sutton, England, and is adjunct professor at George Fox Evangelical Seminary.
- Author(s)Jason Clark,Kevin Corcoran,Peter Rollins,Scot McKnight
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrazos Press, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.