All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChurchill (1874-1965) was one of the 20th century's most charismatic and controversial figures. He escaped from capture as a prisoner of war in the Boer War, was a Nobel Prize-winning author and twice prime minister. He is best remembered as the astute and powerful orator who inspired a battered Britain to victory and led the post-war, shattered nation to recovery. Richard Langworth, co-chairman and editor of The Churchill Centre , has spent over 20 years researching Churchill's written and spoken words.In Churchill by Himself , which is fully authorised by the Churchill Estate, Langworth has edited and antated this library to make the definitive collection of Churchill's words, thematically arranged. He also highlights the myriad quotations commonly mis-attributed to Churchill. From his meetings with world leaders such as Roosevelt, de Gaulle and Stalin, his verbal engagements with Hitler and the Third Reich, to his wit and oratory on the floor of the Commons, every facet of Churchill's life and times is explored with his own pragmatic intelligence, sharp humour and legendary wisdom.
- Author BiographyRichard M Langworth has been editor since 1982 of The Churchill Centre's journal Finest Hour and its other publications, and author of A Connoisseur's Guide to the Books of Sir Winston Churchill. He founded The Churchill Centre in 1968, was its president from 1990 to 1999, and has been chairman of its Board of Trustees since 2000. Using computer technology, he draws upon a groundbreaking database of Churchill quotes and literature. He currently lives in Moultonborough, New Hampshire and Eleuthera, Bahamas. In 1998 he was invested by the Queen as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his contributions to Anglo-American understanding.
- Author(s)Richard M. Langworth,Sir Winston S. Churchill
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight978 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine49 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.