All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fascinating account of the 1890 Afghan campaign, drawing fresh parallels with the current campaign, told through the experiences of one junior officer: Winston Churchill. In the 1890s the British were holed up in Afghanistan in much the same situation as they are w, fighting the great-great-grandfathers of today's Taliban and tribal insurgents. Amongst them was the young Winston Churchill whose account of the campaign, The Story of the Malakand Field Force, was t only his first published work but is w required reading for military commanders on the ground, both British and American. Here, acclaimed foreign correspondent Con Coughlin tells the story of that campaign, a story of high adventure but one which contains many lessons and warnings for today. Combining historical narrative, interviews with contemporary key players and the journalist's eye for great colour and analysis Churchill and the Taliban is t only a dramatic and vivid piece of military history but it also enables us to understand a conflict that has w raged longer than the Second World War and taken more lives than the Falklands.
- Author BiographyCon Coughlin is the executive foreign editor of the Daily Telegraph and a world-renowned expert on the Middle East. He is the critically-acclaimed author of several books, including the international bestseller, Saddam: His Secret Life. He appears regularly on television and radio in Britain and America to comment on international security issues.. He appears regularly on television and radio in Britain and America to comment on international security issues.
- Author(s)Con Coughlin
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/11/2014
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Running Time456
- Edition StatementOpen market ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.