All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCicero's great polemic against Antony, a literary masterpiece, is here made available to Latin students early in their reading programme and to students of classical civilisation. The introduction to this edition deals with the historical setting, Roman rhetoric and Cicero's style while the tes are mainly literary; t historical. Attention is paid to Cicero's use of the devices and techniques of rhetoric, and the variety of tones by which he sustains his attack on Antony without ever losing the interest of the reader. The tes also draw attention to the rhythms of the Latin and to the clausulae. Text with translation and commentary.
- Author BiographyW K Lacey is Professor of Classics and Ancient History, University of Aukland, New Zealand; previously Fellow of St Catharine's College and University Lecturer in Classics, Cambridge; and author of Res Publica (with B W J G Wilson) and Cicero and the End of the Roman Republic as well as articles in various journals.
- Author(s)Marcus Tullius Cicero,W. K. Lacey
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/1986
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Classical Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Weight408 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.