Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCider with Rosie is the first part of the poet Laurie Lee's (1914-1997) autobiographical trilogy. It describes his life in the Gloucestershire village of Slad from his earliest years until he was twenty. He tells of thin winters, fat summers, local legends and ghosts, of neighbours and relations, and of growing up against a half-pagan landscape in which violence and madness, country follies and feasts were all part of one pastoral mess-pot. John Ward (1917-2007) was born in Hereford and was a ted book illustrator who gave the Prince of Wales his first professional lessons in painting.With an Afterword by Anna South
- Author BiographyLaurie Lee was born in 1914 in Stroud, Gloucestershire. His most enduringly popular book Cider With Rosie was published in 1959, and was the first in an autobiographical trilogy that included As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning (1969) - which famously describes his walk to London and subsequent journey round Spain before the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War - and A Moment of War (1991). His varied literary output also included four collections of poetry, a verse play for radio and travel writing. Laurie Lee married in 1950, and together with his wife had one child. He died in 1997.
- Author(s)Laurie Lee
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date07/12/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width103 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Ward
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.