All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCigarettes are the most conspicuous consumer product on the planet and arguably the biggest business success story of the 20th century. Here, in one accessible book, is the seed-to-smoke story of this 48 billion dollar industry. Parker-Pope shoes how tobacco leaves are picked, processed and packaged; explains why tobacco is the Holy Grail of cash crops; examines Philip Morris, R.J. Reylds, BAT and the other tobacco giants; reveals the vital roles that governments, the military and the entertainment industry have played in cigarettes' success; and puts the continuing arguments over public health in historic context.
- Author BiographyTara Parker-Pope, a reporter for The Wall Street Journal, lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Tara Parker-Pope
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations, charts, graphs
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.