All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stage version of Cinderella has captivated audiences with its dazzlingly original take on one of the oldest and best-loved fairytales of all times. When Ella's mother dies, she is brought up by her devoted and loving father who teaches her the names and calls of the woodland birds that surround their home. But when her father marries again, Ella's peaceful life is turned upside down by a host of new and unpleasant relations. It appears her only allies are the feathered friends who roost in the trees, but they are ordinary birds...With crystal-clear storytelling, this classic tale of fortunes reversed is brought startlingly and imaginatively to life. Since its premiere in Bristol in 2011/12, Cinderella has gone on to brilliantly successful Christmas runs at two London venues, won a 2014 Off West End Award and was minated for a 2013 Olivier Award.
- Author BiographySally Cookson is a freelance director based in Bristol. She is an associate artist of Bristol Old Vic where productions have included Peter Pan, Treasure Island, Aesop's Fables, Pains of Youth, Pericles and The Visit. Sally's ongoing collaboration with Travelling Light Theatre has resulted in her directing over ten productions for the company, including Boing, Cloudland, Bob The Man on The Moon, How Cold My Toes, Shadow Play, Clown, Lenny, Home and Papa Please Get The Moon For Me. For Tobacco Factory, theatre includes: The Ugly Duckling, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. For Kenny Wax Productions: We're Going On A Bear Hunt. For Polka Theatre: Lost and Found. For Scamp Theatre: Stick Man, Aesop's Fables and Tiddler and Other Terrific Tales. Other theatre includes: Sapling Song, As Far As I Can Sea (National Trust), The Mermaid and The Mirror (Half Moon), Jump (Myrtle Theatre). Sally's credits as an actress include work at the Royal National Theatre, Almeida, Young Vic, Gielgud Theatre and repertory theatres nationwide. Adam Peck is a writer, performer & dramaturg. Since 2006 he has worked with the Bristol Old Vic Young Company as a writer (Joan of Arc, 2007, and Gilgamesh 2006), playwriting tutor and devised theatre sessional leader. Between 2007 and 2011 he worked with Fairground, the company he co-founded with Tid, to create three shows for the Tobacco Factory - The Red Man (2008), Out of Touch - A Trilogy (2009) and Bonnie & Clyde (2010). The latter toured the South-West in 2011, played at Theatre503, and is published by Oberon Books. More recent writing work includes Cinderella: A FairyTale for Tobacco Factory and Travelling Light, Bitter Tales for Theatre Orchard Project and Only for Bristol Old Vic. Adam has an MA in Theatre (Playwriting) from Royal Holloway, University of London (2004), and a BA in Theatre and Performance Studies from Warwick University (2000). Other writing credits include: My Bristol Vista for Paines Plough (Come To Where I'm From, 2010), Life Savings for Theatre Royal Bath (2011), Chocolate Money (Short Fuses, 2010) and Kick Off (Ferment 2010) for Bristol Old Vic.
- Author(s)Adam Peck,Sally Cookson
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width124 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.