All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCinderella moves into the era of flapper girls and the Charleston in a new telling of this famous rags-to-riches tale. Blinded by love, Cinderella's father marries unwisely and brings home a heartless wife, and her bossy and wicked daughters, Elvira and Ermintrude. They will stop at thing to make life miserable for Cinderella. On the day of a grand ball at the Palace, the wicked stepfamily get dressed in their finery to attend, leaving poor Cinders behind. However, Cinderella is visited by a kind fairy godmother, with exquisite fashion sense. In her beautiful beaded dress and glass slippers, Cinderella catches Prince Roderick's heart, but then on the stroke of midnight has to desert him. Will true love find a way to bring them back together again? Other titles in the series: Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel and Little Red.
- Author BiographyDavid Roberts was born in Liverpool. He studied fashion before moving to Hong Kong to work as a fashion illustrator. Since returning to the UK, he has illustrated numerous books, and was runner-up for the pretigious Mother Goose Award for children's illustration. His titles include the Dirty Bertie series, Tyrannosaurus Drip (with Juila Donaldson) and many titles with Philip Ardagh. David now lives and works in London where, when not drawing, he likes to make hats. Lynn Roberts has worked with children's literature for many years - both as a specialist in book shops and as a writer. Cinderella was her first picture book, and she says, When someone bought it for the first time, I had a smile to myself. But I didn't let on... . She is also the author of Rapunzel and Little Red. David Roberts was born in Liverpool. He studied fashion before moving to Hong Kong to work as a fashion illustrator. Since returning to the UK, he has illustrated numerous books, and was runner-up for the prestigious Mother Goose Award for children's illustration. His titles include the Dirty Bertie series, Julia Donaldson's Tyrannosaurus Drip and many Philip Ardagh titles. David now lives and works in London where, when not drawing, he likes to make hats. Lynn Roberts is David's sister and she is the author of the previous fairy tale books: Cinderella, Rapunzel and Little Red.
- Author(s)Lynn Roberts
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Children's Books
- Content NoteColour Illustrations throughout
- Width265 mm
- Height265 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Roberts
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.