About this product
- DescriptionCine-scapes explores the relationship between urban space, architecture and the moving image. While an impressive amount of research has been done with regards to the way in which architecture is portrayed in film, this book offers a new perspective...What happens if we begin to see the city as a place for an embodied visual consumption; a visual apparatus or, perhaps, a system that is based on movement, light and the body, and which we can explore in kinematic, kinetic, and kinaesthetic ways? Using film as a lens through which we look at urban spaces and places, Richard Koeck reveals the filmic and cinematic phemena and spatial qualities that are present in postmodern landscapes, and which are perhaps otherwise disregarded or merely passively consumed. Drawing on the author's extensive kwledge derived from architectural and film practice, Cine-scapes: * offers insight into architecture and urban debates through the eyes of a practitioner working in the fields of film and architectural design * emphasizes how filmic/cinematic tendencies take place or find their way into urban practices * can be used as a tool for educators, students and practitioners in architecture and urban design to communicate and discuss design issues with regard to contemporary architecture and cities Cine-scapes ignites new ways of seeing, thinking and debating the nature of architecture and urban spaces.
- Author BiographyRichard Koeck is a Senior Lecturer in Architecture and Director of the Centre for Architecture and the Visual Arts (CAVA) at the University of Liverpool, UK. He is Founding Director of CineTecture Ltd, a Liverpool-based production and post-production company.
- Author(s)Richard Koeck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.